A Parents’ Choice Gold Award Winner
*App Circus Online Competition Winner.
*Digital Book World Award 2014 finalist, and recipient of their Quality Excellence Design seal.
*Recommended by National Science Teachers Association and praised by School Library Journal.
*Teachers With Apps Certified App Badge of Approval.
*Picked as Editor’s Choice at Best Apps for Kids.
Almost 5,000 downloads in its first week out. Reached #10 in the US App Store ‘apps for ages 6 to 8’ category, and #14 in the Books category (only 5 days after it was released!). Ranked top 25 in 48 countries.
A creative tinkerer, Axel Jansen struggles to connect with his classmates and get them to see past the fidgety, distracted, clumsy boy they think he is. Inspired by the work of Kinetic artists, the third-grader decides to build a moving insect to show everyone at school what he’s capable of.
Axel’s own traits means he’ll need a large dose of perseverance in order make a moving sculpture he’s proud of: a swinging, vibrating, tinkling work of art. But his personal bully Daniel sets off a disastrous chain reaction that leaves everyone yelling at each other!
Axel believes he can help by creating a beautiful sensory experience out of this mess —if they give him the chance…
BOOK APP FEATURES:
* ALLOWS FOR DIFFERENT LEVELS OF READER IMMERSION: Explore pages to discover extra dialogues, thoughts, or details of Axel’s creation process. Or skip them if you’re anxious to find out what happens next, and then read the story again if you want to know more.
* SOME OF YOUR INTERACTIONS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE THE STORY PROGRESS: Open Axel’s glued fingers so he can continue working, rub the splashes of paint clean, knock on the classroom door to see Axel’s giant artwork. If you don’t, you won’t see what happens next! (Hints provided).
* PLAY A CREATION MINI-GAME INSIDE THE STORY: make your own animals using objects from Axel’s kitchen.
* HEY, YOU’RE THERE… AT THE END OF THE STORY!
*OPTIONAL SETTINGS: Turn off sound effects and/ or Narration.
– HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES: Step-by-step instructions to make kinetic sculptures at home or school, for different levels of ability.
– BIOGRAPHIES of the 3 kinetic artists featured in the story.
This app is regularly priced at $2.99 but is free for a limited time. Free for a limited time.
DOWNLOAD FREE APP HERE @AXEL’S CHAIN REACTION
AND REMEMBER, MOST APPS ARE FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME, IF YOU THINK YOUR CHILD WOULD BENEFIT MAKE SURE TO DOWNLOAD APP TODAY, FOR IT MAY NOT BE FREE TOMORROW!!