Courtesy of Candace O’Neill of O’Neill & Associates, I am forwarding you the attached announcement of a training scheduled for Monday, November 17th, from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., at the DoubleTree Suites in Southcenter. The training, “Adult Spectrum Disorders in Adolescence and Early Adulthood: Characteristics and Issues”, features Dr. Carol Schall, the Director of Technical Assistance, Director of Virginia Autism Resource Center at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Dr. Schall will discuss:
· Characteristics of autism
· Autism specific research
· Transition from adolescence to adulthood
· Positive behavioral support
· Practical applications of technology
· Collaboration between schools, employment service providers and home/community living
You must register by emailing Candace O’Neill at: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling her at (206) 390-6830
Target Audience: Employment agencies, community living providers, persons with developmental disabilities and their families/advocates, parents, teachers and paraprofessionals, County, DDA and DVR staff.